View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What is that? I also would like to know what is a "box to box" midfielder too, thank you. And what names do you have in mind for the DP you want.
Deep Lying midfielder is a midfielder that plays very deep, close to the defenders whom almost all the plays get built through him. You might call him a holding midfielder if you want, but for me a holding midfielder is a bit more defensive minded while a DLM can play a defensive role as well as playing a crucial role building up the play. Think of a player like Pirlo. Usually a coach build a formation around the DLM because he's the best player of the team and have great vision. This is why I think if we're to play 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1 the DM should have the characteristics of a DLM because we have no one right now that can build a play properly from our zone.

A Box-to-Box midfielder are usually hard workers that excel both defensively and offensively. Think of players like Vidal and Marchision with Juve. This position require unreal stamina. Edgar Davids was one of the best that ever played this role. Those players run like horses.

I have no idea of any DP to play that role, these are not easy to find at all.