View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 10:26 PM
RealSturat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
What was being discussed was not the move, which alienates a ton of fans but is not gonna be that bad if the trains are available late night.

What was being debated and I responded to was changing the name. Changing the jerseys.

You do that, might as well just create a new team. We'd be the Winnipeg Jets to the Atlanta fan. The Isles jersey, name, brand GONE and with it goes the link to tradition, history and veterans.

Anyone buying this team for $3OOM wants the old guard wit it. They are paying for the history and culture and brand identity (that was} and would be hoping to reclaim the old status and fanbase.

So I doubt it will happen. The Brooklyn Bagadonuts franchise won't happen. That was my point. A sale cements that opinion. Now Wang is a moron, though......
I agree, I am for the move as I said since it seems the team is keeping it's history. I don't mind some embrace of the new territory in a third jersey or whatnot. It would be naive to think it was not inevitable.

When all is said and done I am just glad they are staying in the NY metro area, just because WE are the best fans in the world! All of us, all the teams. At our best, no one beats us. That's why they all hate us.

Brooklyn Bagodonuts...you better copyright that.