View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Some very brief thoughts before I head to work:

This wasn't as bad a game as some might make it out to be. Take away two PPGs for Saginaw, where the player had 10-feet around him to play with the puck, plus the Locke goal, where nobody was near him or Pavelka, and you've got a tie game. Throw in a really weird bounce that Pavelka couldn't handle, and the Verbeek 7-min penalty (I'm calling 5-7 games now), and it's a whole other game. I'm not saying we deserved to win, but we certainly played very well compared to what we could have.

For those wondering about Verbeek - all I know is at a center-ice draw, he starts wailing on one of the Spirit forwards (19??). He was given 2/5/10/GM for fighting, the other guy just went off with what appeared to be a shoulder or arm injury.

I had to laugh at the fans near the Spitfire entrance who were chirping Bowen, Bilcke, and Sieloff after the Verbeek fight. The one guy was a dead ringer for Drew Carey. Apparently chirping from 60 feet gives you courage. Then, at the end, more guys were chirping from above the entrance. They were cool