View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He can outskate defensemen like a small guy normally would. He takes the puck and rushes it around them, making them look stupid that a guy 30 pounds heavier than them is outskating them. He's developing into a good skater with and without the puck, on offense and on defense. He's a better skater than, say, Sauer. There are times when he's rushing the puck and I think I'm watching Del Zotto, who's an offense-first guy. He's not all-offense, he's predominantly defense, but when he sees open ice, he can really rush the puck.

He knows when to stay back and when to rush. He no longer takes himself out of position to land a hit. He's very smart. Even his no-look passes while fighting for the puck along the boards go where they should.

Tonight he was really good. If he plays like this every night, he'll be in the NHL before the trading deadline.

Not as strong as his recent games, but he kept using his speed, hustling and shooting, which makes him an effective player. Needs to stop going into the corners. Who told him he's a grinder? He's strong for his size, but he has arguably the hardest shot in our whole system, and needs to get himself open around the hash marks.
I wish there was some video of this stuff.