View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I don't know that Loktionov would be better, but Josefson is invisible most games spare for one or two sound defensive plays that stand out. He's good at not screwing things up, but his offensive game is just so bad at this point. No vision to make quick passes, no grit to outwork the other team on the cycle, no shot, and he plays on the perimeter far too often.

I'd send him down for his own good. He can establish a more offensive game in the AHL and get more minutes, then bring him back up after 10-15 games if he plays well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Once again, people have been saying it for a while. We are still winning a lot of close games. Having a 3rd line C that is not contributing and is not really holding his own defensively lately can be the difference between winning 7 out of 10 games compared to winning 4-5 out of 10.

We are forced to basically play two 4th lines at the moment. The production of Gionta's line is really masking Josefson's struggles even more.
Great posts guys, agreed with both.

That said, I don`t think this is the biggest of our problems. I`d still rather go after a top6 forward, because that`s a more pressing issue. We don`t generate enough shots on goal. Loktionov should get the chance and Josefson needs to re-find his offensive game though.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote