Thread: Player Discussion: Olympics in Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
As you say, Kronwall is great in shut-down, but if that is his purpose that pairing is odd. Edler is really not a shut-down player. He lay good outlet passes and follows up on the blueline. Further on his negative side he can be inconsistent, but thankfully only occasional and mainly on the defensive so he is really not the shut-down guy.

"Problem" (not really) is that all of our defence are rather offensive. That might save Kronwall's spot though. Perhaps a poll about Swedish D-men could be good.

Done. Posted it in the poll section (it is under the NHL, but I only have NHL-players in the poll)
Pick the 6 Swedish D-men for Sochi 2014
Yeah, one could create a shut-down PAIR as well, but i dont think we have enough of them in the pipe so i think Edler can take care of the offense while Kronwall just dishes it out, almost always in the defensive zone. Edler is quite complete as well so it could work. I'm perhaps more worried about the Enstrom, OEL pairing but as i said, if Oliver becomes just a little bit better than he allready is those guys will be fine. Hedman and Karlsson could be a beast pairing playing 25 minutes a game if one wanted to.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote