Thread: Speculation: Shake-up?
View Single Post
02-17-2013, 01:41 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I just want him to shed the "loser" tag that the media gives him. Ideally, he'd come back to the Sharks in his final year and retire here. Hey, I can dream.
THis is overly dramatic... the media doesn't paint him as a loser. And to be honest he'll play long enough that if they did a complete rebuild he would still be here to play when the team is good again. Frankly I don't see them doing a complete rebuild. They don't need to. Way too many good pieces already on the roster.

To me a complete rebuild means trading Thornton, Boyle, Clowe, Murray, and maybe Havlat and maybe Pavs. Pavs only if someone over paid. I would keep Havlat, Stuart and Marleau as my old veterans to lead the new stud prospects and picks into doing things the right way in the NHL. Havlat I keep for pure skill level. I still think he is finding his groove. Just hasn't played that much after getting injured last season. I keep TJ because I think he's got another level to get to in his development and I keep burish til someone in the organization comes up and forces him out.

If this team was fast enough to play a heavy pressure forecheck system they would be fun to watch and could challenge again considering the defense is set for a couple years already even with Boyle gone. Burn will grow into the #1 role. He had 17 goals the season before the sharks got him. If he doesn't have to share time with Boyle anymore he's a 40 to 50 point defensman IMO.

NWShark* is offline   Reply With Quote