View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 03:22 AM
kajoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
As you know, I say that KHLs marketing etc is not ideal, needs to be improved. On the other hand I understand problems, know why can not be fixed immidiatelly.

HNIC - is that Hockey Night in Canada? If yes, it is not NHLs product but CBCs. KHL TV tried to develop similar show, did not work. Announcers/journalists are not so experianced. You can watch this show at khl website and compare (Liga PS, Probros). Every russian/slovak/latvian etc broadcaster can develop such show, KHL will welcome it. I wrote it earlier, Sport TV does not have pre/post game show from Slovan(Lev)s games. Even during intermission. The same Nova Sport. Do I blame KHL for that? No, I blame Sport TV/Nova Sport.
KHL setting up standards you said, at least in minimal signal quality. Why not setting up standards in other areas as well ? I know these things should be sorted out itself by market (which should be also valid for signal quality btw) but honest to god, KHL games on Sport TV are a dull show and makes STVs WCh hockey with hysterical announcer and senile Jozi Golonka during intermissions look like a proper hockey show.

However, this isnt my biggest issue, I would still find dull show far more entertaining than no show. HD or SD who cares, dont care about pre-game show or electronic pen analysis during intermissions, so low my expectations dropped.

I pray to Lord to give me atleast black and white 320x268 stream with no announcer and arabic subtitles across and commercial popping up every 10 seconds for the playoffs.

Quote:
I can not speak about russian sport/hockey tradition,but there must be a reason why hockey games are not so often during weekends. Maybe is russian soccer league played? You know, tv rankings. NHL does the same with major sports. Native russian can tell details, I really dont know. Maybe schedulling is a reason?
12 games on Friday, 0 on Saturday, 13 on Sunday. Thats weird. I understand that nearly every KHL team was involved in action on Friday and need full day rest for another game, but I still think its weird to not schedule at least one game for Sat night.

Football RPL didnt kick off yet btw.

Quote:
You can not speak russian. How can you judge KHL? That is a problem of many slovaks. They have limited informations about KHL. They dont know context. Of course, not everybody.

Did NHL have its website in slovak in 5th year of its existence? No. Yes, not fair argument. KHLs website needs improvement, in many areas. Why should KHL waste money/resources/time/employees working time to develop slovak version of website, if there are other areas which needs to be improved? It reminds me this: Imagine that KHL would order to club to build new arenas until 2014. All clubs would pay less money to players... clubs would have great modern arenas but no player to play in. All russians would move to NA minors, foreigners not interested in KHL due to salary. IMO it would be not the best attitude of KHL.

English version of KHL website has improved this season. Nowadays everybody speaks english. Btw, I would not be suprised if KHL website in chinese appeared earlier than slovak. Market.

I said everything on this topic. KHLs main market is Russia, cope with it.
that was a joke I used when comparing NHL and KHL arenas

IMO its far more feasible, easier and even logical if it was KHL that would cope with language question instead, and do the fans favour by communicating with them in russian, ukrainian, belarussian, kazakh, slovakian, latvian and later croatian, italian, polish etc. They should be able to pay salary of slovak speaking staff just from the Višňovsks fine alone.

Do you really expect f.e. Rossoblu fans learning Russian ?

Last edited by kajoo: 02-17-2013 at 04:36 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote