View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 09:17 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Okay fair enough. I can't really disagree with anything you've said. It was a steep price to pay, but one that seemed necessary. I think this team will have a lot easier time finding another Shattenkirk before they find an EJ. It's really too bad Sherman shot himself in the foot in this sense. He had a guy similar to Shattenkirk who he basically gave away for nothing. Not only would Liles be nice to have still, but he would have made the whole Stewart-Johnson trade look a lot better from the Avs end.
So, the Avs defense has been abysmal so far - at both ends of the ice - I suspect we can all agree on that, yes?

As I see it, there's one guy who's obviously playing better offensively than the rest of the crew (Barrie), and there's one guy who's obviously playing better defensively than the rest of the crew (Johnson). What say we pair them and leave them together for at least a dozen games without breaking them up (once EJ gets back, of course), play them 28 minutes per night, and see how it goes?