View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
To be perfectly fair I think you are just a big Irving fan. I haven't watched him much in the AHL, but in the games we've seen up to date, I just don't see the #1 factor there. He makes ok saves ... I bet they only sign Irving next year if he is willing to take a two way deal (assuming his current play doesn't change).
You make it sound like there's something wrong with cheering on a player your favourite team has drafted and developed and given a chance to play.

What you're watching is a young goalie trying to find his way in the league. There are going to be ups and downs. There are going to be games when he's back on the bench after bad goals. The problem with Flames' management right now is that they don't seem to be living in the real world and rebuilding the way they should. They don't even seem to understand how a development system works.

Irving has been given a chance and has shown that he can be as good, bad, and ugly as any other young goalie. I don't know why fans and his team have given up on him so badly so quickly.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote