View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
The fact is I don't have a problem with letting Macdonald play or Taylor my problem is the way this team treats its prospects. We expect them to come in and preform better than the veterans or else we send them back down, and all it steams from this idea of playoffs or bust. This team isn't going to give any goalie good numbers so look at past numbers of Macdonald isn't all that useful he played in a great defensive team in Detroit. I am not mad that we are giving another goalie a chance to play some games my problem is as long as this mentality exists we won't develop our own players. For me this is more of an issue with the thought process of the management then it is with this particular player.

This move shows me that we still aren't ready to give our prospects a real chance nor are we taking the state of this franchise seriously. If we were a perennial playoff team that was just looking for a stop gap while Kipper was out Macdonald would make alot of sense.
I don't understand this logic. Since when does a single player's development come before the wins of the team? It is a short season and we need to win, Feaster thinks Taylor may give us a better chance than Irving did. Period. We can't score 7 goals every night.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote