View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 10:43 AM
WhiteLight*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
We may need it sooner than you think if Murray guts the team like you suggest. I don't know the ins and outs of it, true, but I know of no team currently that has made being below the cap floor a reality. I'll assume that's for a legitimate punitive reason or from a simple desire not to suck.

I see zero sense in shipping out our decent players (Methot, Michalek, Anderson) to replace them with rookies and maybe some unknown free agents. Kinda pointless and dangerous to consider now when we don't know who's available.

Obviously, I know Karlsson is not ****. I'm talking specifically about the forward core when I say Perry will have **** to work with.

I do think Spezza is that good. Moreover, he's got the numbers and leaguewide recognition to prove it. Can't see that argument going anywhere.

I just don't like your ideas here man. You're thinking big. Recklessly big.
true and I don't know if I'd have the guts to do it.

Would be interesting to see what would happen with this nonetheless

It's risky. But with the amount and the quality of young players, some are bound to develop and this lack of scoring we're seeing won't be there long.

That said, what I've wanted for a while is 1 good young forward. With the Spezza injury (and Karlsson), trading Spezza might not be necessary to accomplish that. The team will suck this year (best year to do it), and hopefully will end up with a top 3 pick.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote