View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Exactly my point. He said Irving is too small to play in the NHL. I do not belive that in a second.

This poor asset management by the Flames. You develop your players by giving them playing time. Irving did not get that time in Abbotsford, and was then expected to beat Henrik for the backup job, then thrust into the starting goalie position. He's played well, but his treatment makes you wonder why this club even drafts players.
What treatment? Do you care more about the team's performance or your prospects feelings? If his confidence is going to shatter just because he got sent down to the minors, then im sorry but he does not deserve to be in the NHL. Goalies are a lot stronger mentally then players, and getting sent down to the minors should serve nothing more than motivation. If Irving stood on his head and got shutouts every game then you can complain. But he hasn't, he did what he was supposed to and nothing more. MacDonald WILL NOT be simply given the backup job. They want to give him a proper tryout which means a couple of starts. They also gave Taylor a contract so why not give him a shot too? Irving had his chance in the AHL but lost the job to Taylor, so why not give him a shot and see what he can do? If thats the case, theres no point in keeping three goalies up here so send him down for a bit, I don't see whats the problem here.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote