View Single Post
02-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Rosso Scuderia
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It's funny, though. Gorges can get a 4M 6 year contract and not be overpaid but in the PK thread people were saying he didn't deserve more than a 2 year bridge deal.

If Gorges gets 4M then PK should get 8. His leadership at least from what I can see is overblown. Talking out against players to the media is not leadership.
He is a warrior, though...I just don't think he's as good as habs fans make him out to be. Blocks shots and stays injury free, but can't clear the net, brings ZERO offensively, and has marginal physical presence.

He is overpaid but I can live with it. Blocking shots and leadership should not garner a $4Mx6 year contract.
Then what do you know about his leadership? He got an "A" on his jersey, AFAIK, its not the fans that votes for the assistant-captain. So there's that, he's being recognize for his leadership by the management and teammates that's why he has an "A" on his jersey. He's just as vocal on the ice or in the dressing room and is not scared talking to the media. He's a warrior on the ice and always gives his best shifts after shifts. He's not shy to drop gloves to defend a teammates even if he sucks at fighting. How dare you say his leadership is overblown? What more do you want him to do? And we are just talking about the "A" captain here.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote