View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 11:11 AM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklife25 View Post
So as a Sharks fan, I feel like I complain A LOT...

And I've noticed, I'm not alone....

Why do we whine so much about everything? Is it a west coast thing? Is it because we're slumping? Hell, even when we were winning people were whining....

What is our problem?
There are MANY reasons, but one I want to mention is that we have a GM who is too shy on the trigger to fire a coach.

Many of us wanted Ron Wilson fired after 06-07. The Red Wings series that year was indicative of how Wilson's coaching failed the team (first 4 games of the series, Sharks had a third period lead, yet went 2-2 in those games). DW wouldn't pull the trigger and we went through 07-08 and then finally DW had enough.

With TMac, the WCF series against the Canucks demonstrated how TMac cannot make strategic adjustments, yet DW continued with TMac. The season/playoff series vs. Blues last season really demonstrated this, yet TMac is still here.

Not saying that GM's should be trigger happy with coaching changes, but DW is on the other end of the spectrum and that's just as bad. Todd McLellan is not getting the most out of the squad as currently assembled and lacks the ability to make strategic adjustments (in-game in particular).

Last edited by ChompChomp: 02-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.
ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote