View Single Post
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
There was a bunch of comments in the Weiss thread about Kuli and Guds but I don't think we should talk about them there and instead talk about them here. So my comments are related to how developed Kuli is and it relates to what I believe Tallon (or maybe it was Denis Potvin a few yrs ago) that said d-men are pretty much developed when they have played 300 games. Age really doesn't matter with d-men so let's not use that to judge a guy. Right now Kuli has played about 210 games so he has basically the rest of this yr and half of next yr to finish developing. By then, what you see is what you get and unless Kuli takes a huge leap next yr, I don't see a guy that is a true top pairing d-man.
Completely disagree and a shortened season with no training camp doesn't count as much as another season. Kulikov already shows signs of being a top pair d-men. He can do everything right now but score. With more consistency to his game which will come he's going to be a top pairing d-man. I also disagree with Potvin's metric. There are a lot of variables such as team strength, who you play with, coaching, etc. that go into those 300 games. The right coach or perfect veteran guy to pair a younger guy with can make a world of difference after his 300 game mark which he pulled out of thin air.

RainingRats is online now   Reply With Quote