Thread: Value of: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'll preface this by saying I'm not sure if Stastny will ever become that legit PPG top line center again, but the linemates argument is a big factor with him.

There's different types of playmaking centers. There's the very special kind like Gretzky or Forsberg that just see things on a different level and create things out of nothing. Other playmaking centers have a little if that.

Staz is a smart player but he's not flashy. He doesn't have a whole lot of tools in the toolbox, but if he plays with good players his vision and instincts will find them. He makes smart little plays, not big flashy plays that you didn't see coming.

Some players are so special they make sub par line mates better. It doesn't appear that Stastny is on that level, but its still a valuable asset to have if the player can play up to the level of his linemates if they are legit top line threats. The Avs have a lot of solid good wingers, but they haven't had a lot of top quality scoring wingers the last few years, and its probably watered down his contributions.

Ya, thats right with how i see Stast.

Kinda why i see him being a solid fit between Lups/Kessel.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote