View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 12:16 PM
youngblood10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Once the Kerby saga ends in Windsor, I feel you will see the return of players being accountable for their actions.
I agree unfortunately, until Kerby is done in Windsor the "new" culture of the team will not change. I kept a complete open mind in how things would play out when Kerby became a Spitfire with no preconceived notions but it really has became the worst case scenario, even worse than I had thought it could end up.

The team has no chance at success under this structure. It has been great for Kerby and his individual achievements. I don't fault him for that it's management who has let the fundamentals of what Spitfire hockey was to erode on every level. And in turn really didn't do Kerby any good in installing the qualities and details to be a professional hockey player.

Putting up big numbers, playing with the best players, being put in the optimum situations with all the accolades isn't going to be entitled like it is now at the next levels when it has to be earned and earned consistently.