View Single Post
Old
07-11-2006, 11:22 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
YOU'RE kidding right? remember our first 15 games last year.. we were on top of the league standings and at that time our first line was Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev, Kovalev was saying on tv how Perezhogin and him had chemistry and how talented he was, we were stuff like Jagr saying that Perezhogin was the fastest player he ever played with. It must be the 15th time i say it, Kovalev and Perezhogin go so well together, Kovy's expeertise is to create space for his linemates, that guy can take on 3 players at the same time and still keep the puck, Perezhogin is lightning fast and know's how to get himself open, the only problem was that most of the time Perez would either shoot the puck over the net, hit the post or completely miss the puck, he's still in learning stage, putting on the 4th line with Murray and Bégin won't do him any good, he has to play on a top 2 line
Perez was good on that first line for 5-6 games top, after yes he wasnt really smooth on that line. Panicky a bit and def not in his spot at that time.(Zednik even won back the spot in little time)

About Kovalev, he said he had good chemistry with everyone he played with, hes just very good with the medias. I think its true they have some chemistry, but not like higgins-koivu. I think Kostitsyn will have more chemistry with Kovalev, since they will both open the ice for each other and Kost is more talented than Perezhogin.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote