View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
I don't understand this logic. Since when does a single player's development come before the wins of the team? It is a short season and we need to win, Feaster thinks Taylor may give us a better chance than Irving did. Period. We can't score 7 goals every night.
The problem is we were winning with Irving. I don't have a problem with giving another goalie a shot, I have a problem with simply demoting Irving the second he had a bad game but we would have let Kipper play 10 games playing worse hockey.

Again I don't have a problem giving another goalie the start at all, my problem is this team should be working on developing Irving and the best place to develop his confidence and play is in the nhl. If we thought Taylor was nhl ready then don't claim Macdonald just run with Taylor and Irving as Irving has proven to be a backup. If management thought Taylor was better than Irving he should have started a game when he was up and we shouldn't have claimed Macdonald.

My problem isn't with letting another goalie start my problem is this team has few nhl ready young players and instead of developing one of the few that we have we simply claim a veteran who hasn't played in a year in hopes he is better and give up on the young goalie the second he struggles.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote