View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
DoomMF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post

BUT DO NOT CLAIM THAT THE BUSINESS OWES YOU SOMETHING FOR FREE, OR SHOULD GIVE YOU A DEAL !!! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS !!!!
Lots of times they do - it's better just to give in sometimes (w/in reason).

I don't care enough to make a fuss when they screw me (and most don't - how many go back to BK when they neglect to melt the cheese and put so much mustard on burger u have to throw it out??? Nobody.) - however, i consider it a give and take, they should bend a bit as a rule - if they don't, EFF THEM.

Example, I bought a dozen bagels at Tim Horton's a few Friday's ago for co-workers, when you order cream cheese they put it in a soup container, they typically fill it up but this ****** filled it w/ about enough for 3 bagels (ridiculous since they charge like 900 dollars for that much cream cheese). I let that go, but if I went there and they really wanted to make a fuss about an extra .40 on some other visit I would never go there again.

Nonsense like that happens all the time - I consider it a give and take, they give me some perks in exchange for me not burning down their place of business every time they screw me over w/ poor customer service. They get over on US WAY, WAY, WAY more than we get over on them. That much I can assure you - a little bit of goodwill goes a LONG WAY in industries where you have so many choices.

I'm sure the donut loving OP has gone to DD and gotten screwed. A bagel that was burned, or they forgot to toast, or put a 5 cents of cream cheese on when they charged $1.19 for it. A stale donut, whatever. You get home, you get mad, but only the psychotic actually drive back and ask for an exchange.

I doubt he's gotten over on them ever. If he wants to be pissed, so be it. It's DD that loses out, not him. He can just go to Tim Horton's from now on. Don't be so ignorant as to think this stuff doesn't matter to people - it does, always has, always will even when dealing with franchises.

Not saying OP is correct to hassle the crap out of some simpleton, but if he wants to move on over something SMALL, so be it.

Last edited by DoomMF: 02-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote