View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 12:52 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure, you've seen him play more than a few times.
Yes, I have. I've seen him play "a few times" this week alone.

Quote:
Just take a look at the board regarding their own team. People here watch pretty much every game the Habs play, yet people have conflicting opinions about players.
Heck, just look at the few comments above regarding PK yesterday. Some think he played well, others think he player poorly.
Yes, people's opinions are subjective. I found PK played fine last night, but what am I expecting from him as compared to others' expectations? As long as he isn't trying to do too much, I am happy.

Quote:
That's why advanced stats give a better picture than just your eyes.
I've already explained why I think those "advanced stats" are garbage.

Quote:
I've argued against Corsi stats, and the like, many times. I'm not cherry picking here. It's shocking to me that there are actually knowledgeable hockey fans that think OEL isn't better than PK. I'm assuming the spreadsheet you guys are using as your gospel is from here? http://awinninghabit.com/2012/08/15/...-to-his-peers/

If so,

Please go to this link http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67# and play with the list. Sort it however you want, and have a good laugh at some of the insane discrepancies. Switch it to the playoffs last year and look at how crappy LA guys were ranked. They did pretty badly last year in the playoffs, eh?

How can you look at something like that and believe it is accurate in ranking players from around the league? The only real use I can see from those stats is aiding in evaluating and ranking players on the same team, and even then....
So are you trying to tell me that those stats are the "facts" that back up your claim that PK is better than OEL? Honestly?

How many times have you watched OEL play, really?
Quote:
As for Hamilton or even Jones, what's better than PK? Where do you think PK will cap off if you think they'll be better?
I don't know where PK will cap off, but I do know that both off those players are lightyears ahead of PK at the same age. The size/skill/IQ combo that these guys bring is elite. You apparently think that they will cap off asap or what?

Quote:
And what basis again do you go by to form this opinion? Your eyes and the few times they were placed upon those players?

Why do you think scouts exist? Why don't the Habs just use behindthenet.ca to grade out all prospects and pros? There is no substitute for watching the game Kriss.

Again, how many times have you watched OEL play to have such a strong opinion either way? To me, it's clear that you don't really know him as a player other than what the boxscore can tell you.