Thread: Huselius?
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 09:50 AM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
He'll never reach his full potential...are we talking about the same Marcel Hossa who's 22 yrs old, come on give the kid a chance, he hasn't even played 100 NHL games, i'd never do Hossa for Huselius, although Huselius is more proven and has 2 20 goal seasons, he's a soft player who likes to float and he's probabl maxed out in terms of potential and production, he's a good player but not a good fit for us, we already have soft players, it's just a confidence thing with Hossa, if anything i'd hold on to Hossa to maybe package him up wiht another player to get a big presence down the middle, i'm sure if we offered up Hossa to the Panthers they'd jump all over it...
You may be right but you can't deny that Hossa IS a soft player as well. I'd be very pleased if Hossa would finally get out of his world and starts producing like he should be. If it's a confidence problem and he's able to solve it, well fine! But I still doubt that he will one day... He's just too soft and lazy IMO. I don't hate him though. He's young and I know we must be patient with him... But I would still trade him for Huselius if we have the opportunity. Marcel will always be in the shadow of his brother unfortunately.