View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Gallagher was promoted to Desharnais’ line. It was a promotion; it was not an attempt to jump start Desharnais. I wrote that Desharnais has been playing good hockey since 2 weeks now and I was wrong: he has been playing good hockey since the last 3 weeks! He did not need to be jump started.

Gallagher deserved this promotion because he showed, contrary to Galchenyuk, that he was ready to play against tougher competition. Also his style of play is a perfect complement to Desharnais’ great vision. The way he drives the net hard and with speed do open up the middle and it gives a chance to Desharnais to create a play. To put it simply, he derived it more, way more, than Cole. Therrien is maximizing his assets; kudos to him.

As for your analysis, you seem to put too much value on points. Top 2 lines players sure need to be productive but I would label a game in which Desharnais created scoring chances, set up his wingers nicely and compete hard as a good game. When Desharnais was in a slump, points wise, just like Pacioretty, I was not worried because the chances were there, his compete level was high and he already proved that he can be productive at the NHL level. And the Team was winning games...

Just for the record: I am chatting about the last 3 weeks here. At the start of the season Desharnais had problems handling and protecting the puck and his reaction time was way off.

I really hope Gallagher is ok because our second line (Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher) looked great with him onboard... and I am sure that Cole is now feeling Eller’s breath in his neck!
The season is not a month old....come on!!

And DD didn't put any points in his last 5 games before being put with Gallagher.
I think it's enough to talk about jumpstarting a player.

If Gallagher received a promotion, which is good.....why did he only played about 12 minutes (his usual ice-time). How in the hell being put on the less productive line this season is a promotion anyway?