View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
How many times have you watched OEL play, really?
I've watched him play more than a few times.

Quote:
I don't know where PK will cap off, but I do know that both off those players are lightyears ahead of PK at the same age. The size/skill/IQ combo that these guys bring is elite. You apparently think that they will cap off asap or what?
You realize the major contradiction here?
No clue where PK will cap off. For the past 2years, he played as our top Dman and did well. So, the sky is the limit, but no clue as to where he'll actually go.
Yet, you have no problem saying others will be better. No matter where PK caps off, those guys will be better.

Progression isn't linear. It's not because those guys are better at 20 than PK that they will be better than him when they'll be 25 and he'll be 28.

I never talked about them capping off, I'm not the one making claims, you are.
I have no idea if those guys will actually become better than PK or not.

Quote:

Why do you think scouts exist? Why don't the Habs just use behindthenet.ca to grade out all prospects and pros? There is no substitute for watching the game Kriss.

Again, how many times have you watched OEL play to have such a strong opinion either way? To me, it's clear that you don't really know him as a player other than what the boxscore can tell you.
You realize they made a movie about advanced stats right? You realize the Red Sox won the world series by building their team through them right?
And you know that Gab Desjardins works as a consultant to NHL teams right? But hey what do they know..

There are still things that aren't measured by stats, like skating, reaction time, grit, integrity, attitude, off ice issues, etc. That's why there's still scouts. Stats don't lie, eyes do.