Thread: Speculation: Jarmo might trade Jack Johnson.
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I am a fan of GMs that use Corsi or Sabremetric stats, but at the same time, I don't think Jarmo will just up and trade Johnson to get rid of him. He is currently the Blue Jackets best player, and has already endeared himself to fans with Nash out of the picture.

Will he be moved? Who knows, I really don't have a beat on Jarmo.

Should he be actively trying to move him? Absolutely not.

If he's offered the sun, moon and stars, I think Johnson moves, but on paper, where are the Jackets weak? Everywhere and no where. Goals against is high, goals for are low, and the team leader in points is a defender in Tyutin.

An improvement in net (no, I'm not pushing Luongo/Schneider despite my avatar and favourite team), a shutdown defender and a couple of shutdown forwards (in the breed of Malhotra or Pahlsson...sorry for poaching them) and Columbus is better for it. If you can't pay for premium scoring talent, grind, grind, grind.

That's my view, and you can obtain these improvements without trading a top pairing offensive defender. All signs point to Jarmo being a clever and intelligent GM, I hope JJ isn't shown the door because of his advanced stats.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote