View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
How is management delusional? Its not like Kipper got injured and they panicked to get another goalie. They gave Irving a shot, then they find out Kipper's injury is more serious than they thought, and they start to wonder if they can depend on Irving to tide them over to when he's good to go? So to their luck they have the opportunity to get MacDonald off waivers. Once they got him they STILL went with Irving and what do you know he starts to struggle.. So I don't think this is bad management in anyway. If you blame the fact that it distracted Irving, well then he doesn't deserve the job, because he shouldn't be comfortable thinking that his job is safe.
I didn't say anywhere (I don't think) that the MacDonald acquisition "distracted" Irving. I will say once again that fans and management are expecting way too much out of MacDonald. He's a decent acquisition but should be assigned a role for which he's suited.

I have also been saying that management has needlessly cut Irving's audition short. They could have at least given him a couple of more games. The Flames are going no where right now so why do they need to panic?

I will be interested to see how Taylor does. I'm not holding my breath, however.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote