View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
  #315
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I've watched him play more than a few times.
And you don't think he is better than PK? Hmmm.. Sorry, but I really don't believe you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You realize the major contradiction here?
No clue where PK will cap off. For the past 2years, he played as our top Dman and did well. So, the sky is the limit, but no clue as to where he'll actually go.
Yet, you have no problem saying others will be better. No matter where PK caps off, those guys will be better.
PK did well in that role relative to what anyone should've expected, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that other players, who weren't forced into that situation couldn't be better. I'm not going to argue with you about my thinking Dougie Hamilton will be better than PK, because it's fruitless, it's simply my opinion.

You think trading PK would land us the #1 pick in the draft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Progression isn't linear. It's not because those guys are better at 20 than PK that they will be better than him when they'll be 25 and he'll be 28.
No, it's because those guys are MUCH better than PK at the same age. No denying that PK worked really hard and developed a lot after he was drafted, but those are the 2 top defensive prospects there are right now. Dougie is 19 and playing as a top-4 dman on one of the best teams in the league. Seth Jones might be the top pick in one of the top drafts in a long time. You don't think he will be pretty good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I never talked about them capping off, I'm not the one making claims, you are. I have no idea if those guys will actually become better than PK or not.
So then what are you doing here? You're all over the place man. By you implying that PK has and will develop more than they will, you are saying that they will cap off. They're way ahead of PK at the same age, so they must cap off almost right away for them not to become better players than him, right? Remember, these are the top, bluechip dmen there are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You realize they made a movie about advanced stats right? You realize the Red Sox won the world series by building their team through them right?
You realize that this isn't baseball right?! I am a firm believer in Sabremetrics in baseball, but not hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
And you know that Gab Desjardins works as a consultant to NHL teams right? But hey what do they know..
So because he may collect data for some NHL teams, Corsi becomes factually accurate in ranking all NHL players relative to one another? Now that's a leap!

Have you visited the link and looked at how whacky it can be? How do you continue to use this as the basis to your argument? OEL is a better player, period!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There are still things that aren't measured by stats, like skating, reaction time, grit, integrity, attitude, off ice issues, etc. That's why there's still scouts.
Yes, those things and many more. That's my point exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Stats don't lie, eyes do.

Yes my eyes are lying to me Kriss. OEL isn't really making all those plays, PK is!

HankyZetts is offline