Thread: Speculation: Jarmo might trade Jack Johnson.
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Not that I disagree about the limitations of "advanced" stats, but Tobias Enstrom is freaking awesome. He should have been the frontrunner for the norris this year until he got hurt, far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, too much bashing of Columbus in this thread. They may still be in last, but this jackets team isn't last years' jackets team. They can't outscore the other team, but every game is tight and I've seen them get jobbed out of wins 3 times so far with awful calls in the last few minutes (something that tends to happen when you have a young team with no currency with the referees).

The Jackets tentatively have a legitimate NHL D in place (including Johnson if he keeps playing the way he is this year). Why they lose is they don't have the hard-to-find pieces at forward (top 2 centers), or, at least, the guys they have at center haven't emerged as legit threats yet. But make no mistake--they're in every game.

I'm not saying they're ready to emerge as a dynasty (far from it), but they're a lot closer to battling for a playoff spot than people think.
Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Gunnarsson+Percey+2nd

for

JJ

CBJ get a smart, cheap, top4 defenseman who plays a solid game and could probobly be resigned on the cheap. A former first round pick who has been playing extremely well and projects to be a strong top4 all around deefenseman. A 2nd round pick in what should be a deep draft. They add lots of youth and depth on their defensive core, adding to their first rounder from this year, and add a pick to add additional depth. We also have a plethora of wingers and depth players in the NHL, could easily work in MacArthur to seal the deal.

Toronto gets a smooth skating defensive minute eater to play next to phaneuf.
Awful. Maybe, maybe, if that 2nd became a 1st it wouldn't be immediately rejected, but even then I can't imagine that offer lasting very long in serious discussions.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote