View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
And I don't want an impact player who's playing the NCAA game to pick his spot. Sorry, but we've been burned by that entitlement attitude too much here. How many of our Mem Cup draftees worked the system to come here?

If you're not willing to report to anywhere (save maybe the Petes) than I don't want you here either. I want attitudes that you believe you can excel anywhere and are willing to work for it.
Well Taylor Hall refused to play for Erie. I am not sure if Erie would have drafted Hall 1st overall, OReilly was really talked about going #1 from day 1.

Ryan Ellis had an offer from Ohio St, not sure how serious was that.

Watson was pretty much a cooked deal, knew a day before the draft they were going to take him and "hope" he would show.

Fowler I can see how somebody would say it was cooked.

In regards to Hall and Ellis the team wasn't good before they showed up and had very little to sell prospective picks.

I think what you saw earlier was those type of picks wanted to make an impact and put Windsor on the map. Now you see like you say entitlement and certain players just along for the ride. After this week I think the offseason needs to begin now. Rychel and the scouts need to pound the pavement and start drafting better.