View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Hey MB (and/or others), who do you think would help us the most between Droudin or Barkov?

-ghoste
They're very different types of players. I think Barkov has a higher floor but Drouin has a higher ceiling. They are really dead even in my book, I can't see how you could go wrong picking one over the other. I would choose Barkov because we need more size, grit, and never-say-die work ethic in our top 6. Plus he's a center who's great at faceoffs and defensively too. Whereas it's unclear whether Drouin will be a center in the NHL or not. He doesn't play a lot of center right now. He might next season when MacKinnon is in the NHL. BTW, I'm not saying Drouin doesn't have incredible work ethic also, but we need someone who can just enforce his will out there and Barkov can do that more effectively with his great size and balls of steel. I really think we just desperately need more guys who will just never cease to head towards the net, but with the talent to make things happen when they get the puck on their stick. Those types of forwards are very difficult to find and we have the opportunity to get the best of that type of forward in this draft if we have the chance to draft Barkov.

I'd also be very excited if we drafted Drouin though, he has the best hands in the draft and probably the best hockey sense too.