Thread: Value of: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
02-17-2013, 02:23 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
I watch the Avs quite a bit actually, and every time I do Stastny is invisible. I actually took a keen interest in them a few years ago, mainly because I played against Chris Stewart and I love watching Duchene play.

There's lots of players who don't necessarily have ideal line mates, but they still produce. I'm just wondering when the blame for lack of production will be placed on Stastny himself, instead of his line mates. Playmakers are supposed to make plays and create opportunities for their line mates, Stastny doesn't do that anymore then your average 2nd line centre. He is pretty average compared to most second line centres in almost every regard as well as being a touch over 50% in face offs over the past few years and a pretty big minus player as well.

I know Jones is garbage, I've had several debates with Avs fans that he's a boarder line NHL'er with good wheels and a well above average release and shot; his only endearing qualities. Beyond that he doesn't bring anything to the table that the average 3rd liner couldn't bring.

This is the same David Jones who some Avs fans were claiming was worth a 1st round pick in the thread about Ray Shero at the Minnesota-Colorado game.
Well I disagree. I still think he is one of the best playmakers in this league. Yes he tends to be invisible because the Avs just play the complete wrong game for Stastny. Avs never have possesion in the opposing zone. And the only thing we do is dump and chase when it comes to a system. And we suck really really hard at it.

We usually only score on the rush due to individual efforts by mostly Duchene's line.

No one really expects a 1st for Jones. Last years Jones? Yes.
This years Jones is nowhere near 1st rnd pick value.

He still would look pretty good next to Crosby. Imagine a guy with good wheels and a great shot next to Crosby under Bylsma. That would probably be worth a 1st , right? . Problem is his contract.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote