View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Based on what McGuire said...and frankly it surely easy to understand, AVS starts their demands, for O'Reilly, with D's. Would you be willing to START with Tinordi ('cause clearly Beaulieu will not be in demand for now)?

If so...expect the next draft to be filled with d-men.....Though STARTING with Tinordi ALSO means giving a few top picks as well....Tough decision to be honest.
The trouble with that idea is that it leaves us with 5 centers who have the ability to play on the top three lines. That would mean more that trading Tinordi and a few top picks... it would mean clearing the decks and moving two centers to make room for O'Reilly. So who would be out? Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller, Galchenyuk? You would have to pick two to keep and trade two.

I'm not sure if that is the approach to take at the moment. How much do you want to upset the applecart for a holdout who wants top dollars.

I'm not sure how much O'Reilly played with Landeskog last year but if he did, how much of his success was due to Landeskog's play. Would he enjoy the same success with someone else on his wing. It's a legitimate question.... because I really don't know the answer.