View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
That money can easily be made up by advancing to the world series.

Steinbrenner's will never need to worry about money. 19.3 is nothing to them. They are smart business men, but they don't have the love for the team their dad did, imo.
As a Yankees fan, having seen their work up close, I couldn't agree more with this.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we've had as bad of an offseason as many people think. Shedding some power in favor of speed has given us a better balance. We still have plenty of power: Cano, Teixeira, Youkilis, Granderson. But now Gardner, Ichiro, and Nunez will play bigger roles giving the team more versatility.

That being said, they really ****ed up the catching position which was entirely money related. George would never leave a position bare to save a few million. And I'm not a huge fan of the self-imposed cap. Like I said, I like the less power, more speed direction, but if a player comes along that could help us get there it's gonna be a no-go. I would love have a guy like a Brian McCann that could fill the catching hole, or a Martin Prado that brings the little ball we need with some pop to boot. That's not gonna happen now because they've shackled themselves. The team is getting old. How do they expect to replace these players and shed salary too?

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote