View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If anything, I think the criticism of DD (amongst honest users -- and they're not all honest... but most are) stems from the fact that DD isn't criticized enough in other (read, French) media. And that Eller was criticized (with cause, I might add) at the beginning of the season.

Lack of criticism of Desharnais, mixed with criticism of Eller, brought the current situation.

If anything, DD being French is (IMO) a factor. Albeit a very indirect one... amongst honest users at the very least.
I agree completely, unfortunately the politics do play a part and the bias that pumps him up by elements of the French media has lead to an overreaction backlash from others.

Right now he's the only Quebecois player on the first team. We can't pretend that's not a factor for how people judge him, but this thread is starting to get off topic and posters are getting offended. Desharnais is not on this team because of his nationality or his first language. It might be a factor in his future with his team, but try to focus on his strengths and weaknesses as a player, because there are plenty.

Eller being misused or not doesn't depend on Desharnais.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote