Thread: Value of: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
And he was around a 70+ point pace in 2010-2011 until the calendar changed over, and was again near that pace last year after he got to play with McGinn and Jones sobered up. This year he'd be well over a point per game if McGinn hadn't hit 5 posts in their first 6 games, since which point Staz has been around PPG and should finish the season at or above 40 points.

And while Staz does have more offensive skill than ROR, you're either under-estimating O'Reilly's skill, or underestimating the difference between getting to play with calder trophy winning Gabe Landeskog, and playing with guys like Kobasew, Lindstrom and Drunk Jones, if you think Staz should've been out producing him easily.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.. Stop blaming his wingers. Hockey is a game of inches, lots of guys would have higher point totals if every one was 100% on scoring chances. Hitting posts are part of the game.

Pace means jack $***. It's about consistency and sustaining that pace over an entire season. Every player has good stretches, look at Cory Conacher in Tampa; nobody thought he'd keep up his 1.5 PPG pace from his first 5 or so games. It's about the whole season, not stretches.

Ever wonder why O'Reilly got to play with the better wingers? I'm sure it couldn't have anything to do with him playing better?

Is the fact that Johnny Malkin has 2 more points in 1 less game then Stastny attributed to wingers too?

At what point to we stop blaming his poor wingers, and start blaming his poor play? Or start attributing his inflated stats a few years ago to Milan Hejduk etc?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote