View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What would it take though, if the stars would line up? Is Perron enough? What would you suggest? He is a center. He won't come cheap...
I think if the Blues offered Perron to the Avs they'd have to say yes. They're in a nightmare situation because they're about to lose a cornerstone forward who's younger than Pietrangelo. Perron's a young top-line forward whose shown continual improvement also. He's also on a very good contract.

However, the Blues see Perron the same way. Great contract, locked up key offensive piece. If the Blues made that trade it's:

McDonald-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart

Because I'm firmly in the keep Perron camp, I'd personally be hesitant. But not because O'Reilly wouldn't be a HUGE add. I'd just prefer to find a way to deal other assets. The Blues have more spare quality assets than most teams. You'd be setting up a center scheme for a LONG time with O'Reilly-Backes-Berglund and the Blues do have wingers in the pipeline. It's a give-to-get situation but I'd have to prefer something like Sobotka + Rattie + 1st to trading Perron. Hell, send Lehtera's rights as part of a sweetener (there would be no room for him with the Blues any longer).