Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 04:30 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

vCash: 50
34 games left, 11 divisional games left, 5pts out of 1st in Southeast.

Why give up now? What is tanking and getting a good prospect going to do for us this year or next? I doubt it will suddenly change the dynamic of this team. How many more prospects do we need? I don't think Tallon is going to do anything major this year other than the possibility of moving Weiss at the deadline. We could still have a playoff team, trade Weiss if it comes down to it, package him with our 2nd round pick and turn it into a 1st round pick if not more. We would then have two 1st round picks making everyone happy.

People calling for a trade of Kulikov need to count to 10 and just let the kid learn from his mistakes to fine-tune his game and ultimately give the kid a break, He's 22 years old. He has 3/4 of a season left to change your mind.

Unfortunately Kuba has not been peforming to his $4million salary so far with him playing (14 games, getting 3 assists and being a -9 rating) but really, either has Garrison in Vancouver who has played (13 games with a goal and an assist and +7rating). People would be at Tallon if we re-signed him for that contract and he only got 2 pts so far.

Unfortunately we have over-spent on Upshall and Jovo and we are stuck with them unless Jovo retires this year or next and Upshall is traded for a pick to relieve his salary.

We need to focus on tightening up in our own zone with better positioning, effort and communication from ALL players. The forwards are out of position mostly and the D is not clearing the front of the net which leaves Theo and Clem high and dry but they also need to be more consistent. When we panic in our zone and overthink the game, we cause alot of problems for ourselves. Dineen needs to practice positioning and breakouts all day if need be.

There's been some bright spots but mostly disappointment so far with the two recent heart-breakers with Washington and Tampa along with the 3 blowouts we've had. Everyone has to vent to let the passionate frustration for this team out someway but I know everyone here wants to see nothing but success for this team.

We have to admit the games are more exciting lately, the focus and effort in our defensive zone needs alot of work but I still believe we can turn this around and fight for the Southeast title and/or a playoff spot.

"Some people may call me a dreamer but I'm not the only one"

Last edited by CanadianPanther: 02-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.