View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
o'reilly is completely within his rights to seek large money and a long term deal. he doesn't have to sign a short term deal to "maintain a level of integrity." the kid is a fighter, plain and simple, and that is obviously continuing off the ice. he is fighting for what he feels he is worth as free agents are expected to do. i don't see anything wrong with that and i don't think that his character should be judged because of it.

as far as where o'reilly would go in 2009 draft if it were to be "re-done," there are people who speak with general managers on a frequent basis who believe he would be the number 2 pick. no disrespect intended, but i'll give that information more weight than i will your analysis of the situation.

with regards to the swiss miss...i don't know what your point is. are you suggesting that i believe that he has a lack of potential? i've never said that. he has goal scoring potential at the nhl level. but for someone to assert that o'reilly has a higher score on the "whiny ***** scale" than nino niederreiter is absolutely ridiculous! the swiss miss whined and cried to not go back to junior last year and he is whining and crying again about being in the ahl!
Thats absurd, OEL/Duchene/Hedman would be the #2 pick and it's not really debatable.