View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
If he can be a 20/20 40pt guy for the leafs, he will be a monster. A guy like that who can kill penalties, hit, fight and establish a forecheck are the heart and soul of the team. These are the players you win championships with.

My only question is, can he reach this potential?
I think my expectations are that of a 30-35pt player. True third liner. But still could (long shot) be a 50 pt player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cup View Post
That is technically true but a little misleading. Lucic had 68 points in 70 games in the year after he was drafted. That is just under a ppg, as you say. But in his final year of junior eligibility, ie, the age Biggs is now, he was playing in Boston. With the most minimal improvement, had he stayed in junior, he would have exceeded a ppg, and probably by a lot.

Edit: I first wrote "Thornton" rather than Biggs. That is probably because I argued earlier that Biggs career might turn out like 89 draftee, Scott Thornton, as. A long term, useful, bottom six winger. I still think that is a very likel possibility for Biggs.

Maybe a little more offense. He's also already bigger. But good comparison. I'm really excited for his potential and what he could do for us. I think Cherry will love this kid.