View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Drouin has continually impressed me, I hope we go with him as he has the best upside IMO. I can see MacKinnon being the pick due to his relative safety as an NHLer but I want Drouin. I'll be pissed if we take Jones, we're awful because we can't score with any consistency, once we start doing that our dmen will stop taking bad pinches and our goalies will relax. Resulting in a lower goals against average.
That's fair, but this reminds me continuously of the argument people had for Matt Duchene against John Tavares in 2009. Duchene has turned into a great NHL player, but Tavares has proven once again that, sometimes it's the less flashy, more well rounded player that turns into the better player. I think MacKinnon's vision is higher than Drouin's, and though he isn't as creative or flashy, I really believe he is the better hockey player, and in the long run is more of a game changer than Drouin is.

I'm a big fan of Drouin, and I thought his WJC performance was a real eye opener for a lot of people. I still don't see him going above third overall.