View Single Post
Old
07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
svetovy poharu

vCash: 500
Thank you kindly Jukka for the stats. I do have the rosters of the 1972 Sapporo Olympic teams, just do not have the player stats. The 1972 Olympics is another of those tournaments that I have found great difficulty in finding boxscores and statistics about it.

Thanks for the '62 Finland WC numbers. I had Pentti Hyytiainen listed with 7 gp and 1 goal, 1 assist and that was the big mistake I found.

I will continue to search through my files for 1949 WC Canada totals. Only problem is that I am missing the boxscore from the 47-0 Canada victory over Denmark. The archives only list the goal scorers for that game (no assists or penalty minutes mentioned), so that is the problem I am facing with this. However, I do have the other Canada boxscores from the 1949 WC. So I will continue looking.

The 1924 Olympic games also present a mystery. The newspapers of that time carry telegraph dispatches which contain just the player line-ups. Very limited game
story accounts as well. The 1934 through 1938 WC tournaments seem to offer similar difficulties.

But if I find more details, I will post here for you. Thanks again for your help, Jukka.

svetovy poharu is offline   Reply With Quote