View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
the trolls timing is convenient - as Markstrom's save % has been higher than DGM's all season up until this week. ignore him.

i'd honestly even be willing to give DGM a shot. that's how bad our goaltending has been. why not? if he stinks at the NHL level, it'll be no different than what we've had so far anyway...especially clemmensen. and sometimes all goalies need is a chance - look at Fasth in Anaheim.

promoting DGM would just be "throwing **** up against a wall and hoping something sticks" type of logic, but considering the **** we've thrown against the wall this year hasn't stuck, why not try someone else? anyone else?

not saying DGM should be promoted over Markstrom obviously, but at this point, if they're intent on babying Marky, then try something else. DGM's numbers have been very good in the AHL. maybe it will translate - maybe not. what would we have to lose? can't be worse than clemmensen.

I was hoping before the year that that would happen actually. I said it when Clemmensen signed that I bet DGM isn't much worse than him (if at all), and it was probably just a waste of money.

Worst-case scenario, DGM would've struggled like Clemmensen is currently struggling, and we would've just called up Markstrom without the pressure of paying Clemmer's cap hit the rest of the way.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote