View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 07:02 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Concede what he isnt a defensive liability if you think he is your not watching him and your making your opinion on his Jacket days ..He was 18 years old

What else do you want him too do ..Play goalie? ..Kill penalties ?

He gives us what we are lacking scoring threat that isnt a defensive liability ...

He is looking good in KHL right now and is asset that we should explore
1) he's looking OK in the KHL. He's an average player right now over there. Maybe slightly above average. He's never averaged even 0.50 PPG since going back over there for us, not once, and for an offensive guy, that's a bad sign. His offensive totals are going down as he ages. And he's almost 23 years old now. I don't know too many average players who would come over here and light it up. Is he the exception? Who knows. I'd love it if he were, but I really don't think it's going to happen.

2) Is he a defensive liability? Meh. He's not bad. I'd say he's not going to hurt you out there defensively, but he's certainly not someone you'd out out against another team's best players. He's not ever going to get PK minutes in the NHL... and he has no effective physical game. So if he's not in the league for his defense, and not here to be tough, then he'd better REALLY be bringing the skill. And I just don't think there's enough of it there (or more specifically, I don't think it's used effectively).

The fact is, he DOESN'T give us a scoring threat. He had 10 goals in 47 games in the KHL... you think it somehow gets easier to score in the NHL? Like, sure: maybe he's more of a threat than some guys we have right now... guys like Dziurzynski, Grant, Daugavins, O'Brien, Greening... but most of those guys are either emergency callups or 4th liners anyways.

On a healthy Sens team, he doesn't even sniff the opening-day roster.

Last edited by BonkTastic: 02-17-2013 at 07:08 PM.
BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote