⚔Z E M G U S⚔
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
We've been losing with Sekera in the lineup

Sekera, Ennis, 3rd rd 2013 for ROR and G prospect

Move Enroth for 3rd/4th line F or d-man

send pick for vet backup G
For my part (as you weren't directly replying to me), that's not the point and I wasn't passing comment in favor or against trading Sekera for ROR. The idea that we don't (and thus wouldn't) miss Sekera, however, is ridiculous. This team needs to add quality defensemen, not subtract them. We have Ehrhoff who is a minute-eating horse, we have Myers who is schizophrenic, and we have Sekera. That's our defense so far as being worth a ***** is concerned.

That said, I'd probably do it if it had to be done though I'm curious what Sekera's value is. I'm not sure Colorado will ultimately get something as good as Sekera + Ennis + a 3rd, but that depends on what Sekera's "objective" value around the league really is. He's still fairly young, he's a legitimate top 4 defenseman, and he's on a sweetheart contract. That is more valuable than I think we give credit. I doubt they get two young roster players, probably 1 young roster player and a mid-level prospect. They aren't in a good position to deal from at all and the only thing in their favor is that several teams are likely to have strong, legitimate interest.