View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Benched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
This is not a goaltending problem, goals against averages and save percentages are very misleading. Just take yesterday's game. Three goals were WIDE OPEN tampa players in front of the net, cashing in on a quick pass or rebound. In some cases, several panthers are watching. Skille did this on two of the goals himself, waaay to late to cover and letting his guy free. One goal was on a third rebound, how may of these types of shots do we expect Theo to stop. While Clemmer has not been great, other than a couple of goals all season, Theo has been excellent thus far, and every goalie gives up a soft one once in a while. Our defense is terrible. Garrison to Kuba is about a big a downgrade as you can have. Not sure what Tallon was thinking. Campbell is a shell of himself defensively, can't even catch up to other players and soft on the puck, looks lazy. Only a small handful of players look alive out there. If the phone call reference is Luongo, he IS NOT the answer. He would bring more problems than solutions and forget about spending on quality players with his contract tying things up. If anything, get rid of Clemm and bring up Markstrom.
I think the phone call reference was Markstrom. And while I agree that defense is a problem (and probably the biggest long term problem on the team considering we have no NHL ready defenders in the minors, like I said previously), goaltending is definitely a problem, too, especially on the subject of a second goalie. I agree that Theo hasn't been terrible but Clemmensen is an absolute disaster. There is absolutely no excuse in the world to not call up a top prospect with NHL experience (and pretty good experience) to this team, especially considering where it sits right now.