Thread: Proposal: Bring in Filatov?
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 09:12 PM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
I don't get the hate for filatov.

i hear a lot of "one dimensional". That's not true at all. Now he may not win many puck battles along the boards, that's for sure, but when he was here, he always seemed to be the first man back. He busted his ass on the backcheck. No he's not very productive defensively, but the effort is there. If we could teach him to be more effective with his positioning and stickwork defensively, it could work.He's obviously never going to be a hitting,shot blocking, defensive player, but he has good enough stick skills to be coached into a being pickpocketer.

I also don't get the hate on him because he won't "pay his dues" in the AHL. He has played 90 AHL games over 3 years. That's alot more then most top 10 russian picks would be willing to do.

I just don't think filatov is good enough to make a difference. However, i would love to have him here for the rest of the year. He has good wheels, decent puck possesion skills, and a good shot...all of those are things we need right now.

I just don't get the people who act like filatov slept with their GF and their GF can't stop talking about it.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote