View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
The RFA situation is not a concern for anyone who is being reasonable. Tallon will sign him.

And it's not about babying him. Issue number one is money which we've gone over. I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. But another issue is that we didn't have a proper training camp where Markstrom could have earned/stolen/proven the job should go to him and Tallon could make arrangements to move Clemmer/theo. He also was coming back from a knee injury so he was likely spending time in the AHL anyway. anyone who knows how you develop players knows his time down there has been nothing but a good experience for fine tuning his game. For once we've started developing prospects the way you're supposed to. He's really only NHL ready very recently, not 2/3 years. Nobody is babying him.
I agree with you that he hasn't been babied. Maybe if he hadn't had the knee injury and still didn't get the first shot at at least backing up this year, yeah. But like you said, since he was likely spending time down there anyways and with the money we had locked up with Clem, it made sense at the beginning of the year. Theo/Clem led us to the playoffs last year. With an injured Markstrom, that was the only proper thing to do.

However, he's healthy now. Clemmensen sucks. We're probably out of the playoffs. It's time.

Oh, and there's no doubt in my mind Tallon will sign him.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote