View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 10:23 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Agreed. Bailey is terrible - not sure why anyone would think he's a useful addition to our top 6. Gagner is far better.

And yes, Hemmer is much better than Nino (at least at the moment). But I'd still take Nino in a package deal that would send Hemmer the other way. We need to start addressing some of the deficiencies on this team. And a legit power forward that can own the boards and go hard to the net is a big hole. This team needs to get bigger and meaner and harder to play against. That's going to happen at the expense of Gagner or Hemsky.
The whole idea of making a trade is to improve the team. Trading Hemsky for Niederreiter (even Nino +) doesn't make us a better team. There's a very real chance Nino never comes close to being the player Hemsky is today. I'd be all for aquiring him, but certainly not at the cost of Gagner or Hemsky. Both of those players would be available in the right deal, but a Nino package certainly isn't that IMO. Neiderreiter is a minor league player at the moment who has already asked for a trade once this year. If we really wanted to get him, I doubt it would take Hemsky to make it happen. And is Niederreiter that much of an upgrade on Hartikainen to make trading our leading goal scorer and best player for almost a decade for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
I'll take a 6'1 centre over a 5'11 centre anyday of the week. Not to mention reuniting Bailey and Hall together with Eberle.
Reuniting Bailey and Hall is a much better situation for Bailey than it is for Hall or the Oilers. Bailey and Hall played one season together. Hall has just as much "built-in" chemistry with Bailey as he does with Horcoff.