View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 10:36 PM
BumFortyOne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Given Zucker's performance tonight, it'll definitely ease Fletcher's concern about replacing Setoguchi should he trade him for help on the backend. What worries me about trading Niskanen is if the others we have that are lower on the depth chart, can replace him effectively. Despres and Bortuzzo have been playing limited I& sheltered minutes throughout the season.

Minny may feel more comfortable with Zucker being the picture but I'm not so sure Shero feels the same with giving up Nisky.

As somebodyelse has stated earlier, perhaps he'll want a D coming back with Seto if it would involve an established experienced defenseman like Niskanen being dealt.

Question is, would would fit the bill from Minny and who would be good enough & polished enough to play some minutes in the big league?

Prosser?
Falk?
Spurgeon?
Scandella?

Forget the others they have. They're too established experienced & they need them more than we do.
Either that or do a complimentary deal sending either a pick or Kennedy + pick to Ottawa for Gonchar assuming they're safely out of the playoff picture at the deadline.